View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #808
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The consumer may not care but the elite sports games all have one thing in common, years and years of consistent leadership and development. We're comparing apples to oranges unless someone can show me a sports game that became elite in 2 years. You can bring in the best dev team in the world but without consistent direction and leadership you're going to end up nowhere. If Madden continues on this path that its been on for these past two years we should never have to have this conversation again in the future. If not, lets all pack our bags and head to see Roger Goodell with pitchforks outside his office because its the NFL who determines the exclusivity of the license.
This argument holds zero water. Madden is not a 2 year old game. You are basically throwing out the 24 years prior. You are doing that because EA told you to. This is exactly what they want. In a competing market, this would not be the case, I can guarantee you that. Also, there were other football games that did more in much less time. I am not going to bring that any further because this is the madden forum. Also, Cam Weber took over during Madden 12. This is the 3rd game released since M12. Before that, there was a 3 year plan that started in Madden 10. This does not even include all of the advantages at their disposal. They have full access to players, coaches, film, NFL Films, you name it.