View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #902
DeuceDouglas
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Watching Shop's video now.
  • Glad to see that the coin toss in the menu gives you a choice of taking wind versus giving. Still a little concerned about how OT will be handled. Also wonder whether or not taking wind could be chosen as a first choice.
  • Visually, love the intros. The swipe where it shows the digital stadium and then it transforms into the game is sweet. Absolutely love it.
  • Wish they would use the team portraits for the players rather than the ones with the white jersey's. Russell Wilson's was blurry and didn't look good as opposed to Kaepernick's. Would much rather see them use the team shots. I get if they change teams and what not but I just think that looks way better.
  • The initial showcase also makes me hope they have more realistic portraits for draft picks. I don't want them to showcase my QB a bunch and having him look like an offensive lineman. Or even worse have it be a white guy's portrait when my QB is black.
  • Intro commentary still seems to leave a lot to be desired. It's an early build but I really hope we get some news on the commentary when the CFM news rolls out.
  • One thing that's really bugged me has been when Nantz says "So that means [player] will be back for the kick". So what means? Say something like "Well, the Seahawks won the toss but chose to defer. So that means LaMichael James will be back for the kick".
  • Seems like the CPU still has a really tough time getting the ball to the endzone on kickoffs. Opening kick only went to about the seven. Really hope their is CPU special teams sliders to correct that.
  • Still wish the play-call screen was horizontal. Not a big deal, just think it would be better visually.
  • Love offensive camera views. All of them.
  • Good to see the CPU be able to somewhat contain the outside run. Would still like to see more movement on blocks while they're engaged.
  • Don't see myself ever using the player lock feature.
  • Coverage on the Crabtree incompletion wasn't great but better. The TE still seemed to be open on one of those plays where LS passing would just victimize the coverage.
  • Didn't really like the coverage on the Vernon Davis incompletion. The TE corner was a huge problem in man-to-man last year and there was just a ton of space between him and the defender. Like that Davis made an attempt to catch it but hoping most incompletions are closer than that.
  • Wish they would get rid of the suggestion on fourth down plays. In certain cases, it will tip you that the CPU is faking a punt.
  • I'll be interested to try the kicking. Still doesn't seem that hard.
  • On the Wilson run would have liked to seem him scramble and look down field more than just tuck and run.
  • Little alarmed on the Harvin catch. Baldwin came in motion and was running a shallow cross and the guy covering him stood for a second after the snap before reacting and then ran into his own guy going to cover him. Ultimately it left Baldwin with like a 10-15 yard gap between him and the defender. Even before the corner ran into his teammate there was still way too large of gap in coverage. Saw a similar thing happen on the TE as well. Hope this isn't a constant issue.
  • Love the post play fidgets. Only issues I have is when guys face the wrong way and point a first down in the wrong direction and like on the incompletion where Bennett from the Hawks did the dribble-dribble-jumpshot. I'd leave that to like sacks and more general celebrations for knockdowns, breakups, etc.
  • Tackling is meh. It works fine and looks good sometimes but visually it looks bad. Need more gang tackles and consistent wrap ups.
  • Quarter breaks look good to me. I'll be interested to see how the commercials play into that.

Overall, I liked what I saw. Still want to see more, on All-Madden especially, but I definitely like some things and can see myself getting a lot of the game at this point.