View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #54
JKSportsGamer1984
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Actually it's only been two years that Rex Dickson has been there as creative director of gameplay, a position that Madden never even had until he was hired.
WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are part of their plan. It takes 3-5 years to make great sports games with consistent direction across the dev team. It won't be much longer before everything is in the game that we want to have in there. Everyone I've talked to that has been able to go down to Tiburon and see their vision for the future has said that. If we don't see much improved WR/DB interactions, signature animations, gang tackling, better animations period in the next two years then we probably never will. I'm almost certain that one or two of those maybe more will be addressed next year. If you go back to last year, we were mostly talking about the graphics and presentation and what they lacked and about the defense and pass rush needing to balance the gameplay and o line blocking out. The year before that it was o/d line interactions and foot planting and before that physics. So based on the 3 years that Cam has been here, it's kind of predictable that WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are probably next.
I hear you JP & that's a realistic way of looking at it. However, most of us are just tired of hearing "wait til next year" or "it's in the plans for the future" regardless of how many different dev teams there has been. Most of the things people are asking for have been in previous football games before (true gang tackling, DB/WR interactions, Signature Ball Carrying Styles in Madden 07, tv style halftime presentation in 2K5, REAL LIVING WORLDS ala APF 2K8, etc..) & that's what's most frustrating. I understand that they had to clean up the previous mess from the Ian Cummings era, but these things should still be in the game by now. I'm sorry but the one year development cycle excuse Isn't going to fly this gen. These systems are way more powerful & have a lot more disk space. Madden 25 next gen used only 12 gigs of disk space when there is about 50 gigs in total available smh. So what that tells us is they didn't go all out on the game. I'll be interested to see how much Madden 15 uses. People are saying that last gen is holding Madden back, but if EA really wanted to they could invest a little more resources, hire a few more talented devs, & have two separate teams working on both versions of the game. But will they do that? Of course not. Let's be honest here, we all know what's going on. EA is milking the NFL license for all it's worth. They've been selling us football in compartments for years & quite frankly I can't really blame them. It's business right? Why give us everything we want when they can push it off til next year to keep us coming back? It's the sad truth. I mean hell, in the past they've even went as far as taken features out of the game only to add them back later & called them "new" smh. You're right when you say this current dev team has only been there a few years & I'm sure they have good intentions, but at the end of the day has EA's business practice in selling us the game in compartments really changed? The NFL is ultimately to blame but I guess that's another topic. All that said, Madden is definitely improving but unfortunately it's at a snails pace due to the exclusive license smh. I do like the direction they're taking & I think this dev team gets it, but I just don't want to have to wait til I'm 40 to play a complete football game lol.