View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #50
Gridiron
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Presentation Interview with Brian Murray -- Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Well, I think both sides have good points. More close ups would definitely be better.

I would actually like to see more close ups of guys walking to and walking out of the huddle, or a close up of a QB jogging to his position on the line of scrimmage and getting set. But with the former, you'd have to allow us to see what's going on in the huddle while we pick our play, and we currently can't do that with the play call screen.

Another improvement could be made to the replay. They have some sort of tracker on the ball on the replay, and so it looks less like you're showing us the play that just happened, and more a replay of just solely where the ball went. One thing I thought 2K did well in one of their games was actually use the telestrator to illustrate and really break down what was happening on the replay. It was simple but effective and true to life.

Madden may have done that too--I honestly can't recall.
Yo, I wish they had playcall screens like the old 2K Football used to have in the PS2 days. It let you see all your play info and have a screen window so you can still see what's going down on the field. Madden 06 for 360 had that too. It never made sense to me to have the playcall covering things up. Besides that, it would look current cause the XBOX One's interface is kinda like that, and I think DirectTV used to have a thing like that, I don't know if they still do or not. We're all in HD and in widescreen now, so they could fit everything and still have a big enough pictue-in-picture viewing window.

And yeah, that ball tracking in Madden replays is mad weird. I agree. It's real bad when the pass is real high or real low.

Last edited by Gridiron; 06-19-2014 at 08:54 AM.