View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #54
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
In this article Ian talks about the illusion of cutting left and right to hit the hole. While he did have some good ideas and wanted sim aspects, I don't think he had the same focus and desire to deliver sim that Cam and Rex do. I don't plan on hearing them talk about giving an illusion of anything when it comes to sim football.

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ngs-interview/
I just quoted this because it was the closet but my general point is about this notion that Madden is somehow NOW officially, almost, on its' way, to being a football simulation. All the other stuff aside that has been talked about ad nauseam for years, let's just look at the actual game itself. This notion about we're headed in a sim direction has gotten ridiculous, imo and I've been guilty of it myself. Regardless of the good intentions, passion, talent or whatever of anyone working on the game, it can't arrive as a football sim until it has. I don't care what anyone says about the game, the actual product will speak for itself EVERY time.

Please spare me the spiel about "no video game is perfect", "Rome wasn't built in a day", yada, yada, yada, because there is a difference between a sim video game with unrealistic/arcade flaws versus a video game with intentionally designed unrealistic elements and it's very clear which group Madden STILL falls in.