Old 06-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #46
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: E3 Gameplay Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand that you feel like it's baby steps but it's taken several years for games like NHL Fifa MLB The Show etc to get to where they are today. If you compare Madden with other sports games and how long it took for them to get to where they are now, it's on the same course. I think NHL and Fifa took several years before they properly implemented their physics engine. This will be the third year for Madden and most importantly the third year for Cam Weber. Other sports titles have had the same members or little to no turnover which has made for consistent direction & improvement. Madden needs consistent leadership and direction to improve & since 13 we have seen consistent improvement and building off of the previous titles to make a better game. If you go back to 06-12 there is no consistent direction with improvement from building off of each title, it's just random features added for marketing purposes. If there ever was a core gameplay feature added then, it was removed or went untouched in the following year. Legacy issues were not addressed. Since 13 features are being added and improved upon and legacy issues are being addressed, run and pass blocking, double team pass blocking, QB inaccuracy tied to ratings, pocket forming properly, o/d line interactions, swerve running and lack of foot planting, wind direction, wind affecting kicking game, tied to ratings, 2d crowds and static sidelines, repetitive cut scenes, etc...
Here's the thing JP, there is nothing any of us can do about the game, it is what it is and Tiburon is going to do whatever it is they see fit. To their credit they will say the right things and likely do the best they can, with what they have to work with. However at the end of the day Madden is going to still be Madden, which business wise isn't a terrible thing because there are people that enjoy that brand and others that are willing to settle for it over nothing.

So when Madden 16 still isn't that "complete game" you hope is coming, then what? I'll tell you what, you're in the same boat as everybody else, like you are now and have to decide how to deal with it. You can choose to believe in the next 3 year plan, be bitter trolling Madden devs on Twitter, give up or any other number of things, none of which is going to change what Tiburon chooses to do with Madden.

I'm not knocking you man, I am you, in the sense that we are all stuck with only one NFL game, that for whatever reasons can't provide a complete sports simulation, like The Show.