Old 06-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #1112
OhioCub
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yep I saw that same video. It's sad how many good football games there were back then. It just shows how important competition is. Now it's "we're working on that for next year". With competition you better do it this year. Just ask NBA live about competition. They thought they could just keep putting out that Arcade foolishness until 2k changed the game. With competition EA would either step up or be Madden would be over.

I'm still looking forward to playing the demo but, if it's not what I want I'll be skipping Madden for the first time sense the SEGA days. I'm 35 and don't have the time to spend a year on sliders any more.
There were alot of great football games in the past. The Joe Montana games on the Sega, especially 94; NFL Gameday; NFL 2K. Sadly, I ALWAYS felt Madden was the worst representation of real football year after year and it's the one that survived. I don't know if it was the name, or the fact that it was the first to give us 11 on 11, the first to give us season/franchise or what that made it so much more marketable but gameplay wise it always lacked. I remember in 94, I had the Joe Montana game but all my friends were playing Madden. I tried Madden and it had 3 lil windows for the recievers and they'd put their hand up when they came open. Players moved all stiff and robotic and it just didn't seem fun. After one game I told my friends, thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with Joe Montana. Similar events happened with Gameday and NFL 2k.