View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #148
The_Balm
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
In the end it comes down to the execution of the things we are being promised. The difference between now and then is this, this team understands that Madden is not currently a quality product and doesn't accurately represent what you see on Sunday. They have been more transparent and honest than any developers before them. When you ask Rex a tough question, he doesn't dance around it, he tells the truth. Secondly this team has a plan with a real vision and purpose, that is backed by the leadership above it. They are building off of each title, not just randomly adding things. Every year you're going to see improvements across the board, as well as additions to make the game more simulation than arcade. Thirdly, they are going to real nfl players and asking them how to do things like the real NFL, Clint Oldenburg and Bob Wylie for O/D line play, two Steelers DBs for zone and man coverage this year. There may have been one or two guys from a team, IE Ian, in the past, but now you have Cam and an entire team of developers pushing for simulation. Like I've said before, if this team can't make it happen, no team will. The vision, leadership, nfl experience, it's all in place, now they just have to deliver.
This sounds great, but EA doesn't get the benefit of doubt from me (and I'm sure they don't from many others). I need to see stuff, play with it and have it built on for a year or two before I take the word of the devs at face value about it. There have been too many direction changes, features ripped out (M12's replay cameras) and features not doing all the dev and PR teams said they would.

This team could be the best team in the world, but I won't jump up and down until I'm really liking what I'm playing and they have a good track record. I don't have anything against this team either, but sadly do to past Maddens and dev teams I don't give the benefit of doubt to EA.

Again this all sounds great, but let's say this team is fantastic, best team possible. What if the top EA brass said no to a full rewrite when this team asked? Maybe the team knows they can only do so much with this code base and they have a glass ceiling. We don't know if this team can really bring it and if they're fully backed by the brass like they say they are yet. This team really doesn't look like they have dropped "back of the box" features like they say they have yet (Tackle Cone and showing what plays worked online), but this is not proven at the moment.

Give me a very improved game that matches what EA says it'll be like and I'll start to believe, until then...

Last edited by The_Balm; 06-28-2014 at 10:50 PM.