View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #45
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Not that it matters, 3 yr plan, when it started, who was in charge, etc. But, I have to say I think it was 10-12. That was a 3 year cycle with the same engine. I don't care who was in charge when, but 13 introduced a completely new/different engine than they had ever used. So, for me, 13 was absolutely the beginning of a 'cycle'. So, 15 would be the 3rd year. So, I'm assuming 16 will go back to pro-tak and completely scrap the infinity RTP engine. Lol. I hope not. I hope they keep improving here. But, hearing someone say the current cycle started with 12 just doesn't work. Sadly, whether they do RTP or canned animations (or, a mix of both which is what we seem to have now), they seem to be using the same AI logic from madden 92. Lol. The same pursuit angles, the same underlying base gameplay. I actually think 15 looks good so far and am actually looking forward to playing it, but there is definitely something inherent, underneath all the covers that make the AI the hardest thing for the developers to get right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove