View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #62
jmurphy31
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
EA Sports Rewind is what it was called.

My recollection of the Collinsworth breakdowns is that it routinely failed to identify the correct receiver to throw the ball to in the breakdown and that it was generally worthless.

As to why Rewind went away, it'd be too easy to say "people complained that it wasn't sim", so what I'm going to put forth instead is that Tiburon may have decided that using the Skills Trainer to teach players how to play their game would be a better approach, rather than in-game mulligans without proper and good explanation. No reason why they couldn't have both, as the Rewind feature helped me a ton when learning how to properly play Forza Motorsport 3, but it is what it is.
It was actually called Back Track (Rewind is the replay of NFL games during the season).

I never cared for it to be a teaching device, but if they used it properly for both good plays and bad and worked out the kinks I think it could of been great. I think the turorials are the way to go when it comes to training. Having a re-do in game isnt ideal.

In reality, the main goal of the presentation team in the future dealing with replays.

1. Better angles and show the whole play
2. Add commentary to the replay (That is really what made Back Track look good)
3. Dont put the play call screen over it, unless the user wants to skip it.

Here is an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uTDtzYtOE