View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #334
LorenzoDC
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
My concern is that he only means it won't be sequential like past years. I want random names/ratings/colleges...everything. The way it is worded it sounds like they could have 30 draft classes but they'll be randomized instead of sequential order. But the class population will remain static.
I don't see how they can keep their fascination with story lines and truly randomize. Sure, they can shuffle the draft class deck in random order, but that's just an increment, not a solution.

They have only gone about this by increments. They introduced some alternate outcomes for some story line players, and created some randomized potential ratings for a subset of non-story line players in the draft last year. Looman said that would make the draft guides obsolete last year. But it didn't.

Taking the structure from last year and allowing any of the 30 draft classes to appear in random order will not solve any of this. The only way I can see they could solve it would be to let go of the story lines.

In that case, you could randomize names and ratings for any draft class. With how much Looman seemed to be enamored of the whole story line feature, I doubt they let it go.