Old 07-09-2014, 04:11 AM   #46
hanzsomehanz
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Hanz my wife says im charming too..wait no no she doesn't..anyway back on point..I see no intensity from d-line..just check back on 25 and so videos of 15..ends don't explode off the line..even worse when ends in 9 tech, they almost walk (appears to be some glitch that continues)..and the ends don't look to beat there man, they look for contact..it isn't until u made contact that u can "activate" a pass rush move.. Just check YouTube..I would link videos..but on phone at work

As for as point two..are u implying that the current madden team need to slowly move us to sim or we will be overwhelmed? Thought that is what sliders and difficult settings were for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While their better is still not great: I am simply highlighting their progress across the systems and iterations.

If we put this in hypothetical perspective though, lets say they do have the d-linemen launch out their stance like receiver do and couple that with offensive tackles dropping to give depth and attemptig to steer the defender away from their now entrenched QB.

What would this nee pocket expose to the Defense? I immediately see potential exploits in the pass rush game via blitzes and user blitzes more specifically, especially from the B gap which will now offer a gaping hole.

Consider this, if Madden is able to tune DB backpedals are they really unable to tune offensive linemen dropbacks? Its not a matter of competence or hardware but cautioned choice - there is a method to their madness.

Reference what Rex said in this iinterview w Shop: he has a toruney guy, RG, who tests exploits. I cannot see them offering the offensive line reactions that we are looking for until they also fill those new holes created by the new enviornment of trench interactions.

A more consistent U shaped pocket will introduce defensive attacks that are OP in videogames moreso than real life - we would all essentially become the fearsome foursome and '86 Bears.

This new enviornment would introduce a whole new bell curve that is essentially the old one inverted and so it would be wise to balance the new pockets and overall simulated trench interactions with tailored DB/WR interactions that would balance the entrenched pocket fire.

Imagine for two seconds what it would be like to constantly be blitzed and pressed and have little to no wiggle room on 95% of your passes and couple that with a propensity for innaccurate inaccurate passess when under duress.

Do we (Sim) advocates really think we are stronger at this game than RG and these other toruney guys? Lets not kid ourselves. They are the same guys who will be spreading these U shaped pocket fire exploits to the masses via Youtube and will make life a livig hell for the very sim community who advocated for more pressure and a tighter pocket.

Some people will not get a grip that certain things are left open to a degree in this videogame [i]intentionally[/b] and that is to satisfy the reality that the average gamer cannot meet the standards of the average NFL player in their core competency metrics let alone wear their coachig hat w the same reverance as Coach Landry.

If Madden was a full Sim like a Flight Simulator then surely the Pros would be the best players but Madden would also edge out their core casual consumer in the processs due to the exceptionally high standard of difficulty constraints.

Re; sliders: it goes both ways and they can make the default enviornment fit for the average and have the elite tweak it tighter and the noobs tweak it looser.

A consistent U shaped pocket and average 2s pocket fire is not the salvation to our misery.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk