View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #27
cherman24
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Does the lack of videos or new features on madden 15 worry you?

On one hand, that's EA's approach now-a-days. "Look at this awesome screenshot"...which is usually a cutscene that you end up skipping after the first two times you see it when you play. Heck, NHL comes out like a week later and there's less of that...and it's next gen debut for that franchise.

On the other hand, other than formations/graphics/roster updates, what's left that's really "missing?"

Bottom line is...is Madden/NHL/FIFA/EA whatever great? No. Is it really good? Yes. Will I buy it? Yes, unless I don't want to play that sport. I just get sick of Madden messing with features that used to be there (like changing my opponent's uni in an offline season) or hyping one specific mode and locking you into that. My example of that is...I like to play a realistic season. I want to use one team's players vs. the other's real life players. I don't want to renovate a toilet in Ralph Wilson Stadium. I don't want to see AP get traded to the Dolphins. I don't want Manning to get hurt in the 4th qtr of a pre-season game and miss six weeks, yet I'm kind of hog-tied into controlling the life of Greg Schiano, etc.