View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #35
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And, you know, that might be what I fear most. If EA ever did this, you know it probably would be successful, even judging from some of the posts in the this thread, let alone others out there.

And that would just be positive reinforcement for the idea. So now EA could get $70, $80, maybe $100+ for what should be $60.

That really does making me squeamish to think about. I'm not the biggest lover (or detractor) of DLC, but usually it just adds something extra or significant new content (like an expansion). Just getting what should be the basics for extra money is really a dangerous idea.

The only possible thing like this that wouldn't trigger that desire to lose the contents of my last meal would be a fully complete, stand alone game (like reviving the Head Coach series as a digital PSN download). At least then, they'd have to make a full game - but that won't happen...or else they'd not have killed the HC series to begin with.
It's actually a part of the NBA 2K culture as well. On Twitter, that's all you see about people with DLC with 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove