Old 07-13-2014, 02:14 AM   #74
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Polygon: Madden 15 wants to teach you about football

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
For some the track record distorts reality. If you see things as they are now and not as they were in the past, the improvement is clear with Madden 15. Some people here have to see the things they want to see before they will give EA credit, that's fine, but don't sit here and criticize those of us who see things with a here and now vs the way things were back then mentality. I see most people on here are starting to understand the shift that has been put in motion, for others I think 16 will have that effect.

These games will never be perfect and we will never see everything we want, but a clear effort and improvement each year will yield great results over time. Lets all hope Cam and his team are around for many years and we can actually see this vision that he and Rex have for authentic simulation football fulfilled.
Please take a minute before you read my post and don't look for any angle in it, just try to have a discussion with me about it on the merits.

I have been playing football video games for a looong time and I've been trying to find ways to enjoy Madden ever since Madden 2006. No need for the "it's hard" "it takes time" stuff, this team under Cam is now under their third full year, yet the things I'm pointing out still exist, also please stop with the "perfect game" stuff because nothing most people have or ever mention about adding to Madden is anywhere near perfect or not done before.

A clear example of what I'm referring to is back when they added tuner sets, that were supposed to allow for changes to the gameplay without needing a full on patch, that's a tool that already exists or at least did. As soon as they announced that feature I began asking could they release a "sim" tuner where the gameplay parameters would be the most difficult in relation to playing smart football for success........crickets. I'm not even sure if they ever released any tuner sets, much less a "sim" set. Also there was supposed to be DPP(Dynamic Player Performance) updates released, yet another EXISTING feature that could be used differently in another setting/mode to influence how the game is successfully played.

To that you might say, this was stuff under a different team, so let's talk about Madden 13 and it's gameplay features. I''l just post this link because it's too long to go over every claim in it, read over it and help me understand wtf happened to all this stuff once it was implemented. http://www.easports.com/news/article...fl-13-gameplay Now take a gander at this for M15 and see if you notice some similar claims being made. http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...e-passing-game This is not isolated either because I have made the same point about the Infinity Engine in another thread and it happens with other areas of the game.

I'm not posting this to bash the game, it's the only NFL game we have so I want to enjoy it and it's not to hate on Cam, Rex, etc either, because they seem like good football passionate guys to me. This is just me trying to offer up a "red pill" about Madden. A lack of good football ideas is the least of the issues, as well as limited dev time, resources, legacy code, console power, etc. The biggest hurdle every year, no matter the team, with Madden being as realistic as possible, imo, is that everything has to be implemented to fit into the way Madden is played, instead of changing Madden to be played more like real football.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 07-13-2014 at 02:23 AM.