View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #21
wordtobigbird
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is the dilemma we often end up in with Madden due to it's foundation, when doing a core fix would presumably take who knows how long, what to do with game play in the meantime. Maybe Bezo will chime in on this, since he is such a strong advocate of fixes over bandaids, I really don't know what's best in these type of instances.

On one hand, I want to see players punished for making bad throws/poor decisions, even if that's record breaking INTs, yet on the other hand I don't want unrealistic processes in an attempt to get realistic results. So in a situation like this where it's highly likely fixes, like pass drop animations, receivers becoming the defender, football untethered from players, etc, will not be in M15, how do they represent the risk/reward of passing?
They have to start somewhere. With Madden being a yearly release we have to deal with this. It should be a simple question for Madden developers. Is "this" realistic? The risk and reward of passing comes from realistic ratings causing realistic animations both good and bad. So now that they added errant throws you have to take that into account. I'd say they added a risk to passing that wasn't there in Madden before. The rewards have always been there. It's been so unrealistic because there hasn't been the risk. The risk of getting sacked or the risk of throwing a bad pass.

If you are throwing to the right receiver with proper timing you are not throwing interceptions. If you are off by a second the ball is in the defender's hands. That's the beauty of the execution of great QB's who never put the ball on defenders. Everyone shouldn't be a great Madden QB unless they play with that same focus and decision making.

So I can't wait to see more complaints about Madden being hard because that will tell me the game is getting more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove