View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #33
wordtobigbird
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree with most of that, yet that still leaves the issue of either having to have some unrealistic INTs, unrealistic INT drops or both. I guess it's a matter of having to accept some level of results oriented realism, even if the process is unrealistic. Some complain about the unrealistic looking dropped INTs but how else, until core game play fixes are available, do they avoid unrealistic INTs?

The more I think about it, it's probably better to have broken up passes/dropped INTs than INTs, in realistic non INT situations, because I'm not sure the INTs would cause players to stop passing. It might just make them feel the need to pass more to make up for those INTs, where as incompletions might be a solid deterrent, without inducing the desire to make it for it.

One of the biggest issues with Madden and the way people play it, imo, is the numbers game of down and distance. It has always been far too easy to get a first down passing within 3-4 tries/downs. If passing windows are really more tight and QB accuracy actually matters, then that might be enough to realistically skew that numbers game, without unrealistic INTs. By "unrealistic" I mean according to the situation, not the number of INTs.
What's an unrealistic INT though? If you throw the ball and hit's the defenders hands he should catch it most of the time, depending on the player of course. Now if you do that 7 times are they unrealistic because the NFL average is 2? I don't think so. Unrealistic is the LB leaps and psychic DB type stuff.

I do agree there should be more balls on the ground than picked off. Madden needs to add a lot to the WR/DB interaction and that will stop balls from being picked off. I think you mentioned before about how WRs turn into defenders to stop INTs in the NFL, so until they do that, among other things, in Madden too there will be more INTs.

The biggest issue with madden is the way people play it. Better yet, the way Madden allows people to play. Why did dropping back 15 yards and throwing bombs become a norm? Because madden allowed it. So now people will just have to adjust.