CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpoop
you're saying those two things are mutually exclusive
I don't know how many times I have to say that I'm not saying this, but: I'm not saying this. The two are not mutually exclusive. I think that's the third time I said as much in this thread. A combination of realism and engaging gameplay mechanics very much can exist in the game game.

However, realism without mechanics (i.e. WR/DB jostling by the AI without the introduction of any new user gameplay) is going to take a backseat to anything at all regarding gameplay mechanics because gameplay mechanics in general are more important given the medium we are dealing with, that being video games.

Quote:
i think the point everyone here is trying to make is that why isn't madden trying to help retain it's existing customer base who buy this game every year.
Tiburon has reportedly refactored defensive zone coverage AI for more realistic and smarter defense, continued to make offensive line play more life-like for a more authentic pocket, and rewritten the QB accuracy checks on thrown passes for more simply-inaccurate incomplete passes which target no one.

If those features aren't specific bones thrown at this board in an attempt to retain core customers who care about true-to-life gameplay, what is?
Advertisements - Register to remove