Old 07-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #188
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
So basically what you are saying is, you wish they would not use the word simulation to support your argument to make you right as opposed to the people who disagree? Makes sense... The game is marketed as a simulation, the developers are always preaching authenticity and realism all over social media and the creative director for game play has said it 100 times himself, even on these forums. That's the standard they are being held to and that is the standard they have set themselves.
Look, I dont give a **** about my argument. The game is what it is. You know its not a simulation. They know its not a simulation and no matter how much the devs talk about that being a goal....we all know its BS.

I've been playing this game for 20 plus years. Thats probably 5 or 6 dev teams. I bet I can find articles or posts where each lead developer whether its David Ortiz or Ian or this new team talks about making the game more realistic and sim like....and none of them do it.

So after a while it becomes fool me once, shame on you. When I buy Madden, I know what I'm getting and I know what I'm not getting. I'm not getting accurate penalties. I'm not getting WR/DB interaction. I'm not getting hyper realistic sim stats. I know that in order to make the game even close to a simulation, I have to adjust ratings and slider tweak and it still wont be that close to a sim.

But to complain about them using "simulation" as a marketing tool is silly. We know why they use it and we know that the game is never going to reach that standard for multiple reasons.