Old 07-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #27
bcruise
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
re: Gameplay Showcase today at 4:30 pm est with Rex Dickson and "RG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
It really shouldn't be that way. Just to use another game as an example, on The Show, when you hit on lower difficulty levels, the CPU pitcher won't mix things up as much on you as far as location, speeds, etc. But when you jack it up to Hall of Fame for instance, the CPU pitcher is taking into account your timing, what pitches you swing at and where, and it makes adjustments.

I remember a game I played a few weeks ago, I raked the CPU pitcher in the first two inning by sitting on one location (belt high on the outter 1/3 or the plate). Didn't swing at anything else, even if it was astrike. I rung up a 4 run inning. AND then the CPU adjusted. From the 3rd inning on, I didn't see anything up in the zone again. Everything was down in the zone. The CPU didn't give me anything in the area I was sitting on and I had to completely change my approach in the middle of the game.
To be fair, along with its increased pattern recognition and generally smarter play, the CPU teams on the Show DO get a ratings increase on the two higher levels HOF and Legend (it's pretty evident by looking at the size of the PCI - the yellow circle - when it's hitting) and the user team takes a ratings hit (same example - the circle gets smaller). It's not all about just making it play smarter. It doesn't get buffed/nerfed to the extent that All-Madden does though, IMO - not even close.