Old 07-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #296
strawberryshortcake
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by juduking
@29:30 mark - The Carolina Panther defender seemingly knows where the Saints offensive player is going to be. Offensive player looks to be behind the defender, however the defender "knew" that the offensive player was going to cut back to the outside. Strange looking, psychic play.

Did you watch the stream? The "psychic" DB knew exactly where the WR was going because RG told the defender to read for that route to show that you can stop out routes, routes to the flats, and curls. Money plays from last year. There was nothing psychic about it. Also Rex had run the same play a few times in a row, so if the AI is working properly it should be able to sniff out consecutive plays, which will be great to stop online cheesers.

Yes, I did watch the video. It is still psychic DB in action not because the DB was told to cover the flat, but the execution.

As I specified and let me clarify ... the concept is perfectly fine. The concept of covering the flats is perfectly fine. It is the execution that is poorly implemented. Watch the interaction/relationship of where the defender is, moves and where the offensive player is, and moves. Execution, concept.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing