Old 07-23-2014, 01:31 AM   #17
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Blog & Screenshots - Tackling Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
And to that I say, so what? I want a football sim and realistic gameplay. I want to play against people and let the deciding factor be our knowledge of the game of football and not decided by who's better on the sticks. Yes, I want to control my team but if a mechanic is there to make sure I don't dive at thin air then I'm all for it. My reactions aren't as good as they were when I was in my teens and twenties but I still wanna play a good game of football. What sports game out there doesn't have these types of helper mechanics? And just like in those games, you can turn off the tackle cone and all the helpers if you so desire. Personally, I'd rather not whiff on my tackles.
Pretty much how I see it, no NFL defender that's within a reasonable proximity to the ball carrier is going to dive the opposite way, for instance. That's an extreme but it's a similar point they made in the stream when explaining the tackle cone. The closet thing I can think to relate it to is doing a layup or dunk in a basketball video game by pressing the shot button when close enough to the goal/hoop.