View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #22
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Blog & Screenshots - Tackling Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Agree. At some point, for the sake of "Sim"/"Realism" or whatever you want to call it, the User needs some help/guidance for certain things.

People will argue this issue on both sides and that's fine.

For me one area, where I very rarely see anyone chiming in (even pro user control people), is the passing.
The huge, IMO, area of football that begs to be overhauled to give the user more control, is the passing.
Fever had a nice system with Read and Lead and was pretty close and just needed some tweaking to get it dialed in.

Year after year people are ok with the hit X for X system.
Not saying replace it but, like Fever, give us the option to use a "throw anywhere" system,

This is coming from someone who is well past the "stick skill" mentality and prefer if Madden had a real coach mode. However in my offline games I sometimes like to use more control.
just saying it's 2014 and we basically are using the same core passing system since forever.
Madden on AppleIIe had a throw anywhere system that I loved! Albeit dated by todays standards lol
Anyways..just saying OPTIONS.

Ok.. my yearly mini rant about the same ole same ole passing system is completed for another year.
Back to tackling...
I would love this and really want them to have an organic physics system for the ball. I want to see balls thrown high when the qb throws off his back foot, passes sailing low and wide when on the run, etc. Everything hits either the defender or receiver currently. It has not advanced much at all.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk