View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #549
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
That's the thing that I hate. I guess I am just getting old, and my tastes are getting phased out of the medium. A new mainstream, within certain types of major studio video games, has been successfully produced and marketed, and mass audiences have responded well to it. This isn't some arrogant critique. Instead, it's just a lament—because MUT, fantasy modes, quick, online, arcadey competition isn't what a lot of the the posters of any age on a forum like this want.

As for your questions. Kid came up when I was looking for a Madden 15 vid on youtube. I just kind of feel bad for him, but I think his view provides insight into visions for Madden more prevalent than any of us realize.
On a serious note, I too lament the success of MUT, as it does seem to represent a generational shift in priorities set by sports gamers. I'm not super old (36), but I'm just old enough to feel this move as a departure from my own interests as a sports gamer.

I just hope there's a critical mass within the Madden team that thinks non-monetized game modes like CFM are worth the financial investment of serious development.