Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #545
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
could they release the CFM info during the Hall of Fame game and announce that the Hall of Fame game is included in Madden this year?

That would be great, but i doubt that will happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #546
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Unfortunately the average player only cares about online play and MUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzPKNPXR2Jg
I'm trying to figure out some way under the TOS I can report you for posting this video but I can't find the clause about "poking bears with a stick". Only thing he was missing was an EAGC shirt, lol (j/k) I'm just kidding EAGCs, don't start tweetgramming about me.

Anyway, well I guess that video shows there are different strokes for different folks, at least Rex and others seem to have a passion for elements besides those in the video.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #547
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Unfortunately the average player only cares about online play and MUT

1. Where did you find this kid?

2. How many brain cells does this kid have? He seems to be laboring to think and speak.

3. I will personally pay for a haircut, a brow wax, and some new glasses so this kid has a SLIVER of a chance at succeeding at the evolutionary imperative to reproduce.

__________________________________________________ _________________

That aside, what worries me is that we know Madden brass want "Call of Duty numbers," and MUT, unlike CFM, is a monetized mode that is attracting numbers. With that organizational philosophy, MUT seems like a more likely candidate to get love than CFM, so I can see the cause for concern.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #548
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
1. Where did you find this kid?

2. How many brain cells does this kid have? He seems to be laboring to think and speak.

3. I will personally pay for a haircut, a brow wax, and some new glasses so this kid has a SLIVER of a chance at succeeding at the evolutionary imperative to reproduce.

__________________________________________________ _________________

That aside, what worries me is that we know Madden brass want "Call of Duty numbers," and MUT, unlike CFM, is a monetized mode that is attracting numbers. With that organizational philosophy, MUT seems like a more likely candidate to get love than CFM, so I can see the cause for concern.
That's the thing that I hate. I guess I am just getting old, and my tastes are getting phased out of the medium. A new mainstream, within certain types of major studio video games, has been successfully produced and marketed, and mass audiences have responded well to it. This isn't some arrogant critique. Instead, it's just a lament—because MUT, fantasy modes, quick, online, arcadey competition isn't what a lot of the the posters of any age on a forum like this want.

As for your questions. Kid came up when I was looking for a Madden 15 vid on youtube. I just kind of feel bad for him, but I think his view provides insight into visions for Madden more prevalent than any of us realize.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #549
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
That's the thing that I hate. I guess I am just getting old, and my tastes are getting phased out of the medium. A new mainstream, within certain types of major studio video games, has been successfully produced and marketed, and mass audiences have responded well to it. This isn't some arrogant critique. Instead, it's just a lament—because MUT, fantasy modes, quick, online, arcadey competition isn't what a lot of the the posters of any age on a forum like this want.

As for your questions. Kid came up when I was looking for a Madden 15 vid on youtube. I just kind of feel bad for him, but I think his view provides insight into visions for Madden more prevalent than any of us realize.
On a serious note, I too lament the success of MUT, as it does seem to represent a generational shift in priorities set by sports gamers. I'm not super old (36), but I'm just old enough to feel this move as a departure from my own interests as a sports gamer.

I just hope there's a critical mass within the Madden team that thinks non-monetized game modes like CFM are worth the financial investment of serious development.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #550
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm hoping CFM received a good amount of attention this year. They could do a lot to make CFM more fun and realistic. I guess I'm just thinking that they haven't really done a lot to CFM this year since they are going to reveal MUT first. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #551
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
Same here. Single player offline is the only mode that I play. I just wish that the development team wouldn't focus on "tackling cones", "community play calling assistance", and “infinite grass” technology. And I wish that they would make the game immersive with the use of real storylines based off of gameplay, and on-field/off-field events and choices. And it would be nice if they made the off-season an actual experience.
Yeah I would love that. I've been skeptical of online play, but I did find a great sim league. Unfortunately, while players remain sim, since not everyone gets their favorite team, I don't always see realistic team specific schemes. Instead of getting the Seahawks as a power running opponent that sometimes uses 3 WR formations, I get a spread Seahawks that features a finesse running game used only to compliment a pass heavy attack. In order to get an authentic NFL representation of the Seahawks when I play them, the only chance I really get is the single player franchise mode.

For all the time they spend on trying to duplicate play books and team tendencies, you would think single player franchise would be a more important issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #552
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
could they release the CFM info during the Hall of Fame game and announce that the Hall of Fame game is included in Madden this year?
That would be awesome along with being able to pick your preseason opponents... again.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »