Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:15 PM   #553
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Where did this MUT thing come from? I didn't even know what it was until last year. I feel like,for the past fifteen years, it's pretty much been all about franchise mode or player mode, and all of the sudden this MUT thing is massive. I mean...it's basically just like a fantasy draft mode that EA can monetize, right? I don't see what's so amazing about this mode.

To be honest, I'm actually surprised EA hasn't found a way to monetize franchise mode. I'm sure die hard fans would pay extra for certain bonuses that made the mode more engaging or interactive. Not trying to give them ideas, I'm just surprised it hasn't happened yet.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #554
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Where did this MUT thing come from? I didn't even know what it was until last year. I feel like,for the past fifteen years, it's pretty much been all about franchise mode or player mode, and all of the sudden this MUT thing is massive. I mean...it's basically just like a fantasy draft mode that EA can monetize, right? I don't see what's so amazing about this mode.

To be honest, I'm actually surprised EA hasn't found a way to monetize franchise mode. I'm sure die hard fans would pay extra for certain bonuses that made the mode more engaging or interactive. Not trying to give them ideas, I'm just surprised it hasn't happened yet.
It's been in for a while I believe, but I'm in the same boat. I really don't understand the appeal behind playing it. The only thing I can guess is that it adds some sort of creativity to online play now. It seems like the only thing anybody on Twitch plays as well. And it seems like once it gets to a certain point it's just people playing with near identical teams fill with nothing but 99 everything. Maybe that is the appeal to it.

One thing it does is kind of make me miss the Madden Points and Madden Cards they used to have.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #555
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

MUT was first introduced in Madden NFL 10; it was not accessible at launch, but rather was made available via a patch midway through that game's lifecycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #556
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Was/has there been any franchise info released?

I finally found this, around the 35 min mark Rex says gameplay, presentation, MUT, and CFM were significantly overhauled & upgraded http://youtu.be/LSKLRr35BwA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-25-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #557
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's been in for a while I believe, but I'm in the same boat. I really don't understand the appeal behind playing it. The only thing I can guess is that it adds some sort of creativity to online play now. It seems like the only thing anybody on Twitch plays as well. And it seems like once it gets to a certain point it's just people playing with near identical teams fill with nothing but 99 everything. Maybe that is the appeal to it.

One thing it does is kind of make me miss the Madden Points and Madden Cards they used to have.
I think I missed the boat on this feature. I've never played it and can't see how it might be fun, esp. since the plan seems to be to build invincible teams full of perfect players. I got the card-collecting thing out of my system when I was a kid--back when you got bubble gum in your packs and the cards were real and cost real coins!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #558
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000

Basically that's it. It seems to me it would be easier to spend just $60, start a CFM under Fantasy Draft and you pay nothing extra for it. Yet mindless sheep continue to spend extra money when they don't realize Fantasy Draft is accessible in CFM.

It's those mindless sheep that has caused them to continue to improve MUT and ignore CFM.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:42 PM   #559
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I finally found this, around the 35 min mark Rex says gameplay, presentation, MUT, and CFM were significantly overhauled & upgraded http://youtu.be/LSKLRr35BwA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well he was right about the gameplay, and considering how right he was, I'm even more interested in seeing what was done to presentation and CFM.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #560
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I think I missed the boat on this feature. I've never played it and can't see how it might be fun, esp. since the plan seems to be to build invincible teams full of perfect players. I got the card-collecting thing out of my system when I was a kid--back when you got bubble gum in your packs and the cards were real and cost real coins!
A lot of these cards cost real coins too lol.

MUT isn't for me but it doesn't bother me if its in there bc it brings in a lot of money which should in turn help them make the game better yr after yr.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »