Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 05:39 AM   #153
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think it is fair to say that we all want to see editable and creatable draft classes, but if EA does not come through (which is very likely) at the very least they need to quit it with their stupid names thing they seem to be on.

Do they think they are being witty or cute or something? If I see anything like "Sir Economy" again I...I...I will complain on a message board about it!!

Seriously though, knock it off EA. Randomize names if you cannot resist the urge. At this point I would prefer a white guy named Tyrese or something.
But seriously, if not ratings.... LET US EDIT APPEARANCE!!!! Or what, does this mess with XP as well?

Customizable draft classes would, literally, solve the majority of longevity issues with CFM. As it is now, one can't play the mode after a couple of years without losing it

- White guys in pics that are actually black
- Super skinny and fast DT's
- CB's with Powerlifter strength
- Ztupid-A¤¤ names!!!!!!!

Just to name a few immersion killers.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 0

We need to combine back. That was the best part of the offseason was the drills to put players through. Also the senior bowl game/all star game in the offseason. I don't mind the scouting or practice. I like the XP system being slow to build players. That way you don't have a team of all 99 everywhere.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #155
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
Depends on what "very soon" means to him...could be weeks, lol
Is August 26th "very soon" enough?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #156
Rookie

elchristo's Arena

OVR: 0

on ea sports madden facebook page i asked em that we should be able to have custom divisions just like you can in ncaa. It would be nice when the jacksonville jaguars move to england in the game if you can put it in the afc east instead of having it in the afc south.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #157
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I remain unconvinced that removing the gameplay statistical rewards for the XP progression system is a good idea.

To boil down my opinion to a sentence or two - since I've already explained my opinion in detail elsewhere - the core tenet of my argument is that whatever progression system exists must derive from and reinforce the core gameplay. An out-of-game preparation-driven progression system does not do this because it is completely disjoint from the core gameplay and therefore not good game design. On the contrary, the current system reinforces the core gameplay by rewarding the user for playing the game and therefore is good game design, and pretty standard game design at that. Realism never enters the conversation for me, as it is no object in the discussion as to whether a gameplay mechanic in a video game is strong or weak.

If someone can convince me that removing the gameplay -> progression -> gameplay feedback loop works, I'll stand down. However, the few games which have tried this reversal were weaker because of it, IMO, and removing that user feedback loop goes against everything I have ever been taught about strong game design.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #158
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I remain unconvinced that removing the gameplay statistical rewards for the XP progression system is a good idea.

To boil down my opinion to a sentence or two - since I've already explained my opinion in detail elsewhere - the core tenet of my argument is that whatever progression system exists must derive from and reinforce the core gameplay. An out-of-game preparation-driven progression system does not do this because it is completely disjoint from the core gameplay and therefore not good game design. On the contrary, the current system reinforces the core gameplay by rewarding the user for playing the game and therefore is good game design, and pretty standard game design at that. Realism never enters the conversation for me, as it is no object in the discussion as to whether a gameplay mechanic in a video game is strong or weak.

If someone can convince me that removing the gameplay -> progression -> gameplay feedback loop works, I'll stand down. However, the few games which have tried this reversal were weaker because of it, IMO, and removing that user feedback loop goes against everything I have ever been taught about strong game design.
Quick point about the bold, then I'll discuss the post in general. I really don't understand how anyone can logically take this stance when it has been confirmed time and time again by the creators of Madden, that it is intended to be a NFL simulation, ie as realistic as applicably possible. It would seem that a career mode and it's player progression system, meant to simulate NFL seasons, would fall with in that goal.

To the rest of the post, I think those that take issue with the XP system, mainly do so because it doesn't follow a logical path, which is essential for a progression system. I have touched on it before, as have others, that there needs to be a more targeted XP system that at least rewards applicable progress for what's actually being done.

I'm not really disagreeing with your point that it's a good premise to have a progression system where the User can be directly involved in micromanagement of progression vs delegating it through coach staff, player time and play calling but I think both can be accomplished. The issue here is, like many things in Madden, the implementation of XP progression and the way it functions in-game.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:52 PM   #159
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I remain unconvinced that gameplay statistical rewards for XP progression is a good idea.

Quote:
If someone can convince me that removing the gameplay -> progression -> gameplay feedback loop works, I'll stand down. However, the few games which have tried this reversal were weaker because of it
NBA2K, MLB The Show, Sierra Front Page Sports. Madden 12. I think they are better because they don't have a micromanaging gameplay->progression->gameplay loop. For the exact same reasons Big described in the post above. When emulating something that exists, such as a sports league, and emulating a franchise in that sport, a realistic progression system is the only thing that really makes sense.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #160
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I remain unconvinced that gameplay statistical rewards for XP progression is a good idea.

NBA2K, MLB The Show, Sierra Front Page Sports. Madden 12. I think they are better because they don't have a micromanaging gameplay->progression->gameplay loop. For the exact same reasons Big described in the post above. When emulating something that exists, such as a sports league, and emulating a franchise in that sport, a realistic progression system is the only thing that really makes sense.
Hey bucky60, do you think that an XP progression system can be implemented to function in a realistic way or that there would have to be two separate systems, one XP and the other realistic?

I ask because, like I mentioned in another post that no one seemed to understand and/or care for, I think it's possible to maybe have a realistic or at least real world logical, XP progression system.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »