Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #121
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Hype
The whole franchise mode is long overdue for a makeover.
...franchise mode just got a huge overhaul in Madden 13? Not really sure what you're expecting here.

Unless you're specifically talking about user interface, in which case I agree wholeheartedly that it could be much much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #122
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Wear & Tear Injury System from HC09. Year round rehab & PUP List. Offseason Player surgeries. Med Staff update.
8 Man Practice Squad - You Practice with these guys.
46 GameDay Roster
Fix having to pick teams home away uniform before game. (was correct in last gen)
Fix After first Season, able to select Pre-Season Opponents.
Draft Presentation - More info on trades (who, what, why),
Full Coaching Staff
Scouting staff, All players evaluated based on scouts info. Board put together based on their info. All scouts have strengths and weakness in their evaluation.
Player attitudes ($$$, Players drafted at their Position, Play time, scheme fit).
Old 06-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 1

Too keep it manageable and realistic the top things on my list would have to be
Progression- I personally like upgrading my own players but I don't care either way. If they stay with the xp upgrading more than one at a time is a must.It shouldn't hVe even slipped through to begin with

Practice- First off is like to see the scenarios completely gone It takes too much time and really gets you frustrated.If they do retain them make all CPU teams practice and have it optional to sim the practice and still get the xp.

I've read that they would be using the skills trainer and I can deal with that. I just don't want to waste 20 minutes doing a practice scenario. To be quite honest with you I would like an option to turn off practice and practice xp and in turn receive a boost for in-game xp for hitting goals.

More connectivity week-to-week and year-to-year. Besides madden 05 this has always been madden franchises weak spot and with these new systems there is no excuse anymore. We are not asking for the world here.. Just "x team swept the season series last year" or " x team won earlier in the year with a huge game from player x" along with this guys hurt and how will the rest of the team respond. It's time we had this

Draft board and reworking scouting- I'm with everyone else that you should be able to hire scouts. The kids physical skills should be known..I shouldn't have to waste a big chunk of my scouting pts to find out if the kid has speed or not. Maybe tie that type of scout youbpurchased into how accurate the Spd, jump, and all.

There's much more but I think those are easily fixed problems that would make my experience much better.those have to be changed in some fashion.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #124
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Cumulative/Progressive Stamina. Have players start at 100% to start the season. But as the season progresses if let's say a running back is getting 40 carries a game for like 6 consecutiveconsecutive weeks his stamina to start each game gets progressively worse nd he is more likely to be injured. That's an extreme example but the idea is to have towards the end of the season have all your guys, with the exception of maybe QBs, P, and K, not at exactly 100% to start each game. And over the course of the season and seasons certain players would tend to break down from being banged up so often and become less of a commodity.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #125
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Cumulative/Progressive Stamina. Have players start at 100% to start the season. But as the season progresses if let's say a running back is getting 40 carries a game for like 6 consecutiveconsecutive weeks his stamina to start each game gets progressively worse nd he is more likely to be injured. That's an extreme example but the idea is to have towards the end of the season have all your guys, with the exception of maybe QBs, P, and K, not at exactly 100% to start each game. And over the course of the season and seasons certain players would tend to break down from being banged up so often and become less of a commodity.
That sounds good, but would you really trust EA's implementation of it??
There's a lot of simpler things i would rather them fix/add before taking on something like that. Still a good idea though

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #126
MVP

OVR: 1

I posted this in another thread

keep custom playbooks

custom formation subs saved and edited not while in a game, for example G as FB in goalline

play/formation creator, for example cover 3 man i believe is only available in 3-3-5 nickel? ideally id create a play from qtrs 3 deep where the deep dont start deep, the 3 safeties play cvr 3, 2cbs play buzz and the inner 2 play hook with the lb either spy/hook or blitz. stuff like that

dump practice but have a weekly schedule like 2k did, every team inc cpu created would have one and therefore all teams would benefit from drills, film etc

training camp; like the mod for 08 pc, pick what you want to work on, weight loss, technique etc again cpu could have one and all teams improve even slightly from tc

contract restructure to free up cap space or use if available, so contract change front load back etc not just in last year. also be able to offer a signed fa that you filled a gap with, with a multi year deal during season if you like them not at the start of next year, what fa is going to turn that down if there is guaranteed money

indicators that players/coaches are thinking of retiring, or at least in your face news that one of your roster or staff has retired or taken a hc job elsewhere

staff like hc06/09 coords, positional etc and their development

play/playbook knowledge like hc09, stop me trading for a player and they then automatically have np with my playbook

actually make a difference between 4-3/3-4 and double teams of NTs

when a defensive player as a cc change camera so behind them and not playing down the screen and reverse controls which does my head in

bring back RFAs

quick control to spike rather than try and fail because replay prevents it working

full 40/sbj/vert etc stats for players invited to combine and regional combines, including inj as they all have a medical (brings up practice squad and PUP designated IR return etc) 46 dressing from roster like hc09, proday data/workouts like HC09

when looking at roster seeing all nfl as a category and free agents and then the teams like prior versions

positional changes regardless of where and to which, for example SS<>MLB (Urlacher anyone?)

automatic increases in inj/sta/tgh where appropriate when player on PUP or IR and dependant on facilities and support staff, for example i have no doubt 49ers spent a lot of time with lattimore on his knee so logically his inj would be improved, same again for okoye, a year off being able to watch film and talk to coaches would have improved his intangibles

these are a few
Old 06-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #127
Banned

OVR: 25

The EASIEST fix is just allow FULL RATINGS EDITS for all players.

Problem solved.... Next issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #128
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Practice shouldn't have any bearing on attributes. Players don't get THAT much better by practicing. It should increase awareness of the system they are playing within. So if a player has a high awareness overall, they would learn the playbook and system faster than a player with low awareness. The playbook and system would really matter then. I think Head Coach 09 had something similar.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »