Old 07-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #5441
bo.jangles344
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Stretches of time not missing is different than "never" missing. Sure, what you mention can happen.
It shouldn't happen tho. Ever. I should never pay $60 for a game that you simply cannot win at. That there's literally no way to counteract the programming in the game. I remember you saying you're an older guy, so you've seen how video games have progressed over the years. In action-rpg games the hardest bosses might take 30x to beat. You may get utterly frustrated and put the game down. You may eventually come back and beat it whether by sheer repetition, or by looking it up online. In fps games you may dominate the single player, but go online and get stomped. But through practice and repetition you can get better and eventually get that ******* that camped you 5 times in a row. Maybe you start being that guy yourself. In rts games, you can up the difficulty and make it so hard you die in 30 seconds and try to make a game out of just surviving. In other sports games the computer might pick you off 5 times in a row, but you start running the ball more and make more careful passes and tighten up on defense or hockey, I dunno much about it but I'd assume there's ways get better there too. The funny thing about this game is that it's not long stretches of like 5 minutes, it's a whole quarter. Sometimes it's the whole game. And it's not just on hall of fame either. It's how the game is built. The game relies way too heavily on the momentum system and when you're only controlling one player it's Damn near impossible to over come it. Maybe if our own user input wasnt so restricted and bogged down it might be easier. But there's literally times when the computer takes over my own player and makes the worst scenarios happen with no control of mine what so ever. When I'm going to the lane and see someone standing right under the basket 3 things happen if I try to pass him. The computer will go psychic and super speed reaction time to intercept it, I'll get the pass off but he takes so long to go up with the ball he gets swatted or misses entirely, or he'll bobble the ball and lose it if doesn't make it. A dump off pass is supposed to be easy buckets 90% of the time, not 20. If he does make it, then it's immediately followed by a foul on the other end, or a 3 in my face most of the time. And God forbid I miss or turn it over, it's guaranteed points on the other end. I'll literally chase him down, meet him at the rim, and not a signature skill on this earth will help me. Eraser, chase down artist, or lockdown defender, I'm hosed. But wait, if I do get the block? THE COMPUTER GETS THE REBOUND AND SCORES ANYWAYS! BEFORE MY PLAYER TOUCHES THE GROUND OR HAS A CHANCE TO REACT!

If you haven't played 60+ games in this mode, you have zero credibility in this thread. Seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove