Old 07-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #5447
Coach2K
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
I didn't watch all of the video, but it seems to me like you pick n roll too much, and you only look to pass when you do. There was alot of times in just the parts I watched where you could have initiated a layup animation really easily after using the pick but then you just pass. You can tell your focused on passing too much. You should practice how to use pace/explosions to the rim and practice passing out of shots. Also, use floaters to get those buckets over the big boys..

Also, I really suggest you at least run some plays for your shooters. Call some floppy plays. They're money against the CPU.
Keep in mind, this video was a display of how to play defense in mycareer not an example of the best way to play offense. As I mentioned, I was experimenting with pick and rolls in this game. My player is a pass first point guard and so that's why I look to pass. The other reason is that it's been said that you have to totally dominate in order to win and that's another reason I didn't look to score to determine if that's really true and it's not.

You can have the same results running plays once you master those which I haven't got to on the to do list with this squad yet.

Even then I would still look to pass and not shoot because that's the type of player I created.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 07-26-2014 at 12:44 PM.