View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #82
Darkwolf90
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

I've noticed a lot of people commenting about how the Schemes effect players overalls, but I haven't noticed anyone commenting about it for the reasons I dislike them, so I'll just throw in my $0.02. While I don't like that it drops guys ratings by so many points, I know how to work around that for my team. Not to mention I look for players I know are good rather then looking for the highest overall. The CPU doesn't see things the same way I do, all the CPU sees is the Overall, leading them to cut players like Dexter McCluster, who is a great Punt/Kick Returner, or Willis McGahee, the list goes on.

In M25 I've seen Charles Woodson cut, and without fail if I'm not controlling the 49ers they cut Kendall Hunter and the next year they cut Frank Gore. To me that is annoying and wouldn't happen in the real NFL, nor would it happen in Madden if changing schemes didn't cause players ratings to drop so many points.

I can understand some changes in rating for different and new schemes. But not as huge a drop off, and all players should fit the scheme of the team they are playing for at the beginning of a CFM. After all they go through training camp and learn new schemes, or get better at their roles with that team and the schemes they use.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers