Old 08-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #381
strawberryshortcake
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
Forgive me if someone has already mentioned it earlier in the thread since I havent read the whole thing. But, looks like during a change in quarters they will be showing highlights from the previous quarter that just ended and in 25 it just changes to the next quarter with no highlights at all.

Also something I noticed and I think someone said the Jumbo Tron graphic doesnt change, but I noticed it go from just saying Jaguars all the time to Red Zone on the Gerhart attempt and then Touchdown. During the Gerhart TD I also noticed when the LB stopped him from scoring in the redzone he just gets up and walks back to the huddle. I am pretty sure if you stop the other team from scoring at anytime during the game not only will you get up and celebrate, other teammates are going to come and mob you, at least a couple should show up and do something.
Is this the goal line stoppage that you are referring to? If so, I agree -- there should be some type of defensive celebration. Secondly, there wasn't really any TD group celebration of any sort when the TD was finally scored.

@43:30 mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The jumbotrons are definitely dynamic, there's 22 different triggers. They said some of them like Heinz field are team specific, they will show the ketchup bottles pour in the red zone. There are all kinds of multi player celebrations going on in this video, some are very subtle, at one point two of the chiefs do a chest bump after a completion to Baldwin I believe.
I honestly like how you bring up good points that are supportive of team Madden, and continually find Madden 15 stuff on the internet. It's like a "yin and yang" relationship with those who have a more critical eye.

But it can be a tad annoying when you either deflect or don't address what the user brings up. You have like a politician's way of approaching things. User leathrneck34 mentions that there was no defensive celebration when Toby Gerhart was stopped at the 1 yard line. Instead of addressing it, you skirt around that particular sequence to reference a completely different sequence (Chief's two player chest bump). Yes, we know defensive and offensive celebrations are present. But the problem is context, and how frequently? Does the celebrations or lack thereof fit the context? When a celebration is suppose to happen, does it? Are the types of celebrations appropriate to the situation?

Lesean McCoy's magnificent touchdown run straight into a celebration was absolutely stellar sequence of events. This was something that completely jumped out at me as authentically replicated. The celebration context was great. Where was the defensive contextual celebration when Gerhart was stopped at the goaline? Where was the offensive contextual celebration when Gerhart finally scored the touchdown?

Side Note: But strange that the commentator (was it AJ?) said McCoy called over his Tight-end to come celebrate? Um ... I didn't see where McCoy "called" over his teammate for a celebration. More importantly in real life, teammates naturally go congratulate their teammates... you don't really "call" over teammates to celebrate.

@38:52 mark - Lesean McCoy's Touchdown and proper solo contextual celebration
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove