Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #506
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
My concern is this: it is for the replay angles. I keep hearing looks looks looks, " camera angles that really show the details of the players. They tried to do this with the replay angles in Madden 13, and it was a colossal failure. I hope they have not elected to do the same thing in 15, and neglect the importance of authentic camera angles. Authentic camera angles, are really important to the replay value and overall presentation of the game. If they did this, which I hope they didn't, they have already set presentation aspect of the game back. Rex, if you are reading this, please make sure this is not the case Madden 15. Again, this was a colossal failure with the Madden 13. Do not neglect the importance of authenticity in regards to the camera angles during replay.

We have seen enough in regards to player detail . We want to see authentic camera angles during replays. We want to see how to play develops. We do not want to see zoomed in replay angles that have the purpose of only showing off player detail. We do not care about that aspect. This may be a deal breaker for some. I'm already not liking some of these angles I am seeing in these videos. keep it authentic and keep to what we see on TV.
I agree with your post, yet to the bold, presentation is not on Rex, Mike Young runs that, I believe. I forget the specific stream, I think it's from M12, Young comes right out to say that they know we don't want their version of presentation, we want what we see on tv, this was after trying "beyond broadcast" for some time, then in M13 they seemingly go right back to it. Let me clarify I'm referring specifically to camera angles because they seem to be at least adopting real network overlays, wipes and other elements, they just seem to have some odd obsession with "video game" camera shots.

It so odd the way they talk about emulating a CBS broadcast right up until they start referring to "capturing the emotion of the game", then they segue into NFL films. The NFL films cinematography should be utilized in Madden for Superbowl/end of game montages, player highlights for the draft, end of the year awards, etc, not for "broadcasting" general game play. I had hoped with the new consoles ability to broadcast/stream game play, that would encourage Tiburon to go away from the artistic broadcast in Madden but apparently not.