Old 08-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #400
DeuceDouglas
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Another great point, people have been stating for sometime injury length should be displayed as a approximation, ie 2-4 weeks, instead of an exact. Hopefully this is an indicator of a change to that.

I beat the constant drum for a progressive injury system but in the meantime it would be nice to at least see designations like in the real NFL, ie probable, doubtful, etc. Nothing too deep at first, just attach those labels to some existing injuries and let them scale the severity, as well as effect applicable ratings, like confidence does. For example a WR could have a broken finger and instead of just being "out" they could be "doubtful" with a steep ratings hit to CTH or "questionable" with a lesser ratings hit to CTH. Then the User/CPU have to make a decision whether to play them or not, of course risking further injury.

That all may seem rather wishlisty but the foundation for that was already laid in M10 I think, when Ian n company added in playable injuries just for each game, instead of the entire career mode.
Makes me wonder if there is still team oriented things in game prep where every player earns XP and how injured are/aren't affected by this. Would make for an interesting cause/affect of injuries if they didn't earn any XP when they were deemed unable to practice. And on top of that when they were to reach a status of being playable whether it be questionable, doubtful, probable, etc. practicing that player would come with a certain risk of re-injury and tack a couple more weeks on to an existing injury and return him to the non-practice list.