View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #124
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Ok didn't say it was easy but Nba2k did it this year. So you telling me they are that much better they can do this. I am saying have 2 different modes. CFM and Regular Franchise. I know I am asking for too much.
I'm not saying what you're asking for is too much, nor am I going to comment on the relative quality of different developers. I was only addressing your comment stating that you weren't asking them to redo anything. You are (as you just now said). I was also pointing out that if it is something they do, it'll be more than simply plugging in old features, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
How about not allowing sharing? Just keep it inside an offline Franchise. I don't think thats the reason. How about last years madden? When the case wasn't even settled. I think we are reading to much in this.

What says I can edit the roster outside of the cfm and make college players. How is that any different than doing this inside a cfm?
I agree with this. More detailed assumption is still assumption. Under the current setup, I can not only share a custom roster full of NCAA likenesses online, but I can do it through EA's own "share" feature. So, it calls the logic of such reasoning into question, at least.

Personally, I don't think any of us speculating on the "why" of it is productive. I'm more interested in the how. For example, with editing, if the XP system and goals are bugged out by allowing editing, can EA introduce a toggle that basically makes it an either/or proposition? I'm not saying it is definitively that simple, but sharing ideas is, to me, better than sharing assumptions.