Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #121
MVP
 
Sheba2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Ok didn't say it was easy but Nba2k did it this year. So you telling me they are that much better they can do this. I am saying have 2 different modes. CFM and Regular Franchise. I know I am asking for too much.
It would be completely redundant and a waste of resources for EA to do this because CFM is regular franchise. It may not have all the features you specifically want or loved about the old franchise mode but it is their franchise mode for now and the future.
Sheba2011 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #122
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,708
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Reason mlb doesn't use minor leagues, is cause they don't belong to the MLBPA.
I know.

kehlis is offline  
Old 08-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #123
Worst Gamer Ever
 
timisone's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 478
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
It would be completely redundant and a waste of resources for EA to do this because CFM is regular franchise. It may not have all the features you specifically want or loved about the old franchise mode but it is their franchise mode for now and the future.
So it was a waste of time for the NBA2k to do the same thing? I still don't think I am asking a lot.
timisone is offline  
Old 08-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #124
All Star
 
SoxFan01605's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,989
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Ok didn't say it was easy but Nba2k did it this year. So you telling me they are that much better they can do this. I am saying have 2 different modes. CFM and Regular Franchise. I know I am asking for too much.
I'm not saying what you're asking for is too much, nor am I going to comment on the relative quality of different developers. I was only addressing your comment stating that you weren't asking them to redo anything. You are (as you just now said). I was also pointing out that if it is something they do, it'll be more than simply plugging in old features, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
How about not allowing sharing? Just keep it inside an offline Franchise. I don't think thats the reason. How about last years madden? When the case wasn't even settled. I think we are reading to much in this.

What says I can edit the roster outside of the cfm and make college players. How is that any different than doing this inside a cfm?
I agree with this. More detailed assumption is still assumption. Under the current setup, I can not only share a custom roster full of NCAA likenesses online, but I can do it through EA's own "share" feature. So, it calls the logic of such reasoning into question, at least.

Personally, I don't think any of us speculating on the "why" of it is productive. I'm more interested in the how. For example, with editing, if the XP system and goals are bugged out by allowing editing, can EA introduce a toggle that basically makes it an either/or proposition? I'm not saying it is definitively that simple, but sharing ideas is, to me, better than sharing assumptions.
SoxFan01605 is offline  
Old 08-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #125
Donny Baseball!
 
Skyboxer's Arena
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 20,223
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

I could care less about real rookies. After I start my franchise it's my world, not the real world.
I think the option to allow this would be nice but I'm just saying I could care less.
I still want the option of a generic roster where there is no preconceived knowledge of players. Have a nice fantasy draft and go.

As far as "defending EA"
I don't see anyone defending EA.
For me it's simply how they are making the game and if I think I will have fun I'll buy it.
If I didn't enjoy it I'd simply not get the game like I did for numerous Maddens.

I really have zero desire or need to have a favorite hobby of mine become morphed into something that I need to constantly post about with words like : This 'Bothers... disturbs,, annoys,,, frustrates etc.. me"

Game you think you'll like.. buy.
Game you don't like.. post your thoughts and move on to something else.
Constantly repeating the same things over and over in multiple threads is something I'll never understand. (Not singling out anyone in particular.. just an overall generalization on what many do)
__________________
Joshua:
"D.O.D. pension files indicate current mailing as: Dr. Robert Hume,
a.k.a. Stephen W. Falken, 5 Tall Cedar Road, Goose Island, Oregon"


Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Skyboxer is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #126
MVP
 
Sheba2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
So it was a waste of time for the NBA2k to do the same thing? I still don't think I am asking a lot.
NBA 2k is a completely different game from a completely different company. Comparing them is apples to grapefruits. 2k has a vision they want their game to go, theirs includes two separate modes. EA has a vision they want for their game, theirs is one centralized mode that includes multiple different playing experiences (player, coach, owner, online player, online coach, online owner).
Sheba2011 is offline  
Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #127
Worst Gamer Ever
 
timisone's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 478
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I'm not saying what you're asking for is too much, nor am I going to comment on the relative quality of different developers. I was only addressing your comment stating that you weren't asking them to redo anything. You are (as you just now said). I was also pointing out that if it is something they do, it'll be more than simply plugging in old features, that's all.



I agree with this. More detailed assumption is still assumption. Under the current setup, I can not only share a custom roster full of NCAA likenesses online, but I can do it through EA's own "share" feature. So, it calls the logic of such reasoning into question, at least.

Personally, I don't think any of us speculating on the "why" of it is productive. I'm more interested in the how. For example, with editing, if the XP system and goals are bugged out by allowing editing, can EA introduce a toggle that basically makes it an either/or proposition? I'm not saying it is definitively that simple, but sharing ideas is, to me, better than sharing assumptions.

Agreed, what I am say give me a mode where there is no xp and let me edit my rosters. I really don't care about the reason. That's Ea's problem not mine. They are the ones making the game. Thats why I pay the money to EA. If I could make a football game wouldn't need ea. Is NCAA teambuilder still running? Could I make teams using that?
timisone is offline  
Old 08-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #128
Worst Gamer Ever
 
timisone's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 478
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
NBA 2k is a completely different game from a completely different company. Comparing them is apples to grapefruits. 2k has a vision they want their game to go, theirs includes two separate modes. EA has a vision they want for their game, theirs is one centralized mode that includes multiple different playing experiences (player, coach, owner, online player, online coach, online owner).
Agreed its a different game, but still is a sports game. I am not asking it to be like that game. Just saying they could do it the same thing.
timisone is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Top -