Home

Why can't madden bring back franchise?

This is a discussion on Why can't madden bring back franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 01:04 AM   #89
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You keep claiming "CFM has not changed year to year"

I am sorry but the old franchise was STALE as crap. It DID NOT change year to year since Madden 08 and beyond.

It only lost features. Do not tell me CFM has not changed year to year but the old franchise did. That is not true at all.
Madden 05 was the best franchise mode ever. That was when they hit their peak and lost their competition, from 06-11 it was nothing more than a roster update and a fresh coat of paint with a few gimmick features added each year. Forums like these had ten times as many complaints about the Franchise mode back then with everyone saying they needed a change. CFM isn't perfect but they are at least adding relevant things to the game and giving me more than just an annual roster update. At the end of the day though you can't please everybody.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:55 AM   #90
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Madden 05 was the best franchise mode ever. That was when they hit their peak and lost their competition, from 06-11 it was nothing more than a roster update and a fresh coat of paint with a few gimmick features added each year. Forums like these had ten times as many complaints about the Franchise mode back then with everyone saying they needed a change. CFM isn't perfect but they are at least adding relevant things to the game and giving me more than just an annual roster update. At the end of the day though you can't please everybody.
M05 Franchise was very good. Still had problems, but was very good. I thought M12 started going in the right direction and really wish they would have kept developing it. Then M13 came along and franchise went into a direction that I personally don't like. CFM is making changes. What "relevant" might mean could be up to interpretation, but M14/25 and now M15 CFM has made changes. Some of those CFM changes I'm really disappointed in, but that's just personal preference.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #91
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

What is the technical or philosophical reasoning that prevents them from allowing a player to edit ratings of any player in season??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #92
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

EA likes to control things. We know that by now. I don't think we will ever see fully customization again, atleast for a long time or until a big uproar occurs ( it did when cfm was first announced and thus we got custom rosters)
Old 08-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #93
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
TS just wants to go in and edit all of his guys to 99 after the franchise starts, instead of before.
Not at all, just want to give them what I think they should be rated.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #94
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
What is the technical or philosophical reasoning that prevents them from allowing a player to edit ratings of any player in season??
I think its Philosophical. They want to rate everyone the way they think they should be.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #95
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The vids they have shown and talked during about where they want the game to go.
M25 was an improvement and this Madden seems to be a nice improvement also.
IMO of course. Then again I've been gaming since before consoles so I know where we've come from.

When they say they are tired of hearing Madden plays like Madden football and they want people to say it plays like Football, they have my attention.
Like I said the game play is improving, but the franchise part isn't which is my wheelhouse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #96
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
EA likes to control things. We know that by now. I don't think we will ever see fully customization again, atleast for a long time or until a big uproar occurs ( it did when cfm was first announced and thus we got custom rosters)
What I don't understand, why isn't there a big uproar over this? You would think people would want real rookies after year one of cfm.

Could you imagine how we could affect the game play of a cfm if we could change player ratings? If cb weren't doing tight enough coverage could bump there coverage rating up. If qbs were to good we could lower their rating.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »