View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #127
timisone
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I'm not saying what you're asking for is too much, nor am I going to comment on the relative quality of different developers. I was only addressing your comment stating that you weren't asking them to redo anything. You are (as you just now said). I was also pointing out that if it is something they do, it'll be more than simply plugging in old features, that's all.

I agree with this. More detailed assumption is still assumption. Under the current setup, I can not only share a custom roster full of NCAA likenesses online, but I can do it through EA's own "share" feature. So, it calls the logic of such reasoning into question, at least.

Personally, I don't think any of us speculating on the "why" of it is productive. I'm more interested in the how. For example, with editing, if the XP system and goals are bugged out by allowing editing, can EA introduce a toggle that basically makes it an either/or proposition? I'm not saying it is definitively that simple, but sharing ideas is, to me, better than sharing assumptions.

Agreed, what I am say give me a mode where there is no xp and let me edit my rosters. I really don't care about the reason. That's Ea's problem not mine. They are the ones making the game. Thats why I pay the money to EA. If I could make a football game wouldn't need ea. Is NCAA teambuilder still running? Could I make teams using that?