View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #515
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

@ggsimmonds, maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't you agree there needs to be someway of representing players in a scheme or system that doesn't maximize their skill set? Currently scheme effects player development but I think it does need some effect on in-game performance. This discussion is similar to the one concerning how much ratings should limit User control but I won't go there.

Considering Madden doesn't currently have the depth player of assignments to represent the real challenges of players execution in varying schemes, it begs to reason that they represent that in-game using ratings.

That said I'm seating here laughing because most ratings are so overpowered by User control that the best way to make scheme effect game play is to lower ratings that in an ideal game shouldn't, lol. Meaning if ratings like route running, AWR, play recognition, footwork, etc, had some part in User control, those could be adjusted to effect game play for schemes. Since they don't, Madden would need to give ratings hits to things like CTH, SPD, ACC, THP, THA, etc to effect game play. It is what it is though and I would like to see some other deterrent to having players that don't fit a scheme than just player development.
Advertisements - Register to remove