View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #34
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: 15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's just a different video than the first live stream, but you are correct, that's an inaccurate pass and incompletion.
Going out and cherry picking a few incomplete passes does not prove the "feature" to be working correctly. I put feature in quotes because I don't believe inaccurate passes and reaching for balls should be touted as a feature. It should just be included because it's just such a basic part of a football game. Whatever, that's my opinion, but regardless, I don't see much of a difference between 15 and 25. Granted, when playing and adjusting sliders, that may not be the case. Just basing off of what I saw, I am not sold that it works correctly, and I am half expecting to see a patch come out with them saying, "we found a bug and it wasn't working". The pass Philip Rivers threw with his arm being crushed by Von Miller was all I needed to see. It really looked bad too because Rex still tried to sell it as an inaccurate pass even though it was a perfect spiral that went right to the receiver in stride while he was covered quite well. Then there was the excuse of the quality of QBs being used, yet in the follow up streams we saw lower echelon QBs still throwing the exact same way. I mean, doesn't anyone else find it amazing that on a next gen football game we are even having this discussion? Come on now, inaccuracies should be a part of the game and should happen realistically.

Like I said before, this is a band aid and is not the right solution. Give the ball its own physics engine like past games and decouple it from the players. Allow the ball to be thrown to the spot (i.e, route based passing) instead of to a player on the field. I mean, the whole throw your receiver open concept was silly. It's obvious that the implementation entailed moving the direction of the ball and changing the path of the receiver to follow the ball (which he is tied to). Unhook them please in Madden 16.