View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
DatGD12guage
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA2K15 running (sprinting) animation issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaynogamez
The control is not broken, it's the clunky running animation we want them to get rid of and bring a more dynamic, modern and consistent look. also it should be more responsive and no more delay. Right now in NBA2K14 when you press turbo the player doest automatically runs there is a bit of delay. Once he starts the running animation it looks good but after 2 or 3 second he starts running like an old man clumsy, as if his back hurt or something . It doesn't make sense and looks ugly why?.

Im glad ppl finally care enough about this to bring it to 2k's attention b/c for a couple of yrs I thought I was alone on the turbo issue and how unnatural it felt and how ugly it looked.

but if you get rid of the turbo and make the left stick sensitive, think about it when you want to walk in NBA 2k14 you already have to feather the left stick and if you push it forward more he picks up speed (ANYBODY notice how natural and smooth it looks and feels in nba 2k14 to go from walking to jogging?)

Its just that if you want to go even faster you have to push turbo which does not even feel natural to me anyway. I think we have gotten to a certain point in gaming to where we need to leave turbo in the past. It would be an adjustment that many would probably be afraid of but i think it would be beneficial in the long run.

You shouldnt be able to just push a button and 1,2 step burst into full speed.

Either way I would be satisfied with VNI's idea of the button push for turbo, on offense anyway(but how would that work on D VNI?) or the sensitivity of the left stick from walk to jog to gradual sprint either way it would give us a better sense of real acceleration.

As long as they get rid of the turbo im great b/c it could give them so many more things to implement for more control. B/c on these next gen systems turbo to me has become out dated in sports games.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-17-2014 at 03:48 PM.