Old 08-20-2014, 11:59 PM   #50
DCEBB2001
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 25 - PS4 FBGratings Roster Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yeah, I'm pretty much awaiting Madden NFL 15 at this point rather than proceeding with anything more in Madden 25.

The one thing I'm weighing in my mind right now is whether I want to spearhead the roster project just using the ratings straight from the web site (which use the full 0-100 scale for each rating and produces widely spread OVR ratings, regardless of any effect on CFM; this is the "equal interval" scale) or to scale up the data manually on my own as was done in May / June as to make the ratings useable in CFM (this is the "true mean" scale). I've got some ability to transform the data to that end and could produce a file for people to go off of, and I'm very much a CFM-oriented player in the first place which would increase my motivation to get the file done, haha.

Any thoughts on this? What would you all rather help produce?
I think you are misunderstanding both scales. The OVR ratings are just a byproduct of the way that the attributes are attained. So trying to get to a set OVR is actually the opposite of what both systems at FBG have done. The equal interval sets the highest to 99 and lowest to 0 for any attribute, regardless of position. The true mean system adds a third point that coincides with the average for any attribute, which skews the regression toward the mean and away from the line drawn by the maximum and minimum points. The OVRs are a simple result of the values of the attributes.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php