View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #17
SpectreBugg
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Penalties Sliders (so far)

Alright... Over the last 9 games I have played, these are the averages for penalties(and misc. sliders) I have gotten.

False Start - 4 calls per game average
Holding - Never called - I have deemed this slider now pointless for penalties unless it is patched.
Facemask - 3.6 calls per game average
Clipping - Never called - I have deemed this slider now pointless for penalties unless it is patched.
Roughing the passer - 1.2 calls per game average

No other slider based penalties called. I did have one encroachment penalty and one Illegal touching penalty called, but I will not include those because they are so rare it's pointless. Also, I do not use fake snaps or attempt to catch the defense offsides.

So as of right now, I am averaging 8.8 penalties per game. I believe the current average in the NFL is just over 12 per game. So, we are close, but not perfect. However, without a patch for holding or clipping, I don't think there is much else I can do. If i raise the RTP or facemask sliders, the penalties become too frequent and annoying. So this will have to do for now.Perhaps intentionally trying to draw a defender offsides, and subsequently dealing with the increase of false starts, will get us to the right numbers.

Some other notes...

Injuries - Been testing injuries as well. So far i am averaging 2.2 per game. That is a little low in my opinion, but not unreasonable. I Am planning on raising the fatigue slider a little bit, so This may help make up for it.

Fumbles - in 2014, the highest fumble rate for a team was just over 2 per game, and the lowest once 1 every other game. Right now These are my settings..

User - Slider set to 42 - seeing 0.6 fumbles per game, or 3 every 5 games.
CPU - Slider set to 45 - Seeing 1 per game.
I will see how the rest of my test CFM season plays out here, but So far it has been decent. If it stays this way, I may lower it by a point or two, but it's unlikely.

As of right now, I am using Armor and shields all pro sliders, But with my penalty, injury, fatigue, PMST, and fumble sliders. I must say, i am really enjoying the game. All of my games have been competitive and enjoyable so far.

As always, any continued feedback is welcome. thanks!