View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 AM   #110
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: This game is still unreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo80
The customer is missing out on great gameplay. Madden took on the role of the all encompassing football title, now it has to be everything for everyone. If 2k could still exist, the customer's choice would be over a game's strengths. The two games wouldn't be expected to provide every experience fans want, or every mode.

Madden has MUT and Superstar. Gauntlet this year. 2k may have chosen to develop similar modes. Or, maybe they would have refined franchise mode. Maybe they would have transitioned gameplay to reflect how players in NBA 2k behave: contextually. They would coexist because of different strengths.

Personally, I'd be on the 2k train until EA showed better A.I. reactions and awareness. The Madden animation is so damn poor, even compared to 2k8's system.

Separately, EA has flat out has awful priorities when it comes to dev cycles. They added a game prep function to CFM before adding a practice squad/waivers, contract incentives, pup list, hold outs, conditional draft picks in trades, etc. While there are actual rules written for these items and language/definitions that exist in the NFL-NFLPA agreements -- that front offices need to be very familiar with -- "game prep" confidence and xp are hypothetical values. There is absolutely a place for the game prep function in a video game. But to add it -- and controlling the price of merchandise, for that matter -- before replicating front office personnel rules and procedures, is out of order.
You, my friend, absolutely "Get it". Glad to see that some of us call it like it really it is. Great post.