Thread: passing tips?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 01:51 AM   #2
ATLBrayden
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: passing tips?

How many safeties are deep? Are the corners pressing or giving cushion? Anyone blitzing? All these are important things you must recognize pre-snap, and post snap always check if a blitz is coming in, and from where, so you know how much time you'll have to pass and where you'll need to maneuver. NEVER choose who you are going to throw to pre-snap, being one track minded is a sure way to get intercepted often, always go through your progressions and find the open man. If no one is open DON'T BE AFRAID TO THROW THE BALL AWAY. You may want to scramble, which you should go for if you have an open lane or opportunity, but if there isn't one just throw it away.

Know your receivers, are they slow? Don't be running a lot of deep vertical routes with them. Poor catch in traffic? Don't throw too many routes where they'll get into immediate contact, causing a drop. Know when and how to use pass trajectories, these are key. Learning how to use these can put the ball in the perfect spot, or the worst. Often times you may not need to lead a pass, but certain routes you should learn which trajectories are best.

Don't go for the homerun play every down, you should march. I'm not saying never throw the deep ball, but try and pick up yardage in chunks, catch the defense off guard by running and setting up the play action.

If a team has a good secondary, you'll have to play a great game to beat them, be patient with your offense, if a play doesn't work or causes a turnover don't be afraid to use it for the rest of the game.

My last game on All-Pro with the Panthers I went 18/25 316 yds 4 TDs 0INT 7 rushes for 78yds with Cam Newton.

I'm a little tired right now so I can't think of everything, but tomorrow I could probably help out more.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 09-07-2014 at 01:54 AM.