Old 09-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #997
Shon 23
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
I wish people would stop being idiots and actually watch NFL games for an idea of what the reality is.

Last year when the Packers played the Seahawks, Rogers was sacked 8 times in the first half. Maybe they should cancel the NFL because of this unrealistic stat?

Play a season with a good slider set and then comment on it. Just because you have a game with a high completion percentage by a QB or a couple of sacks by the same DE, doesn't mean the game's broken.

Hint: If you can't stop the CPU run try actually employing some strategy and put 8 in the box and focus on stopping the run.

This is a really good set and more importantly, we finally have a really good game.
I agree with everything you said. Hell, today there were some QBs with very high completion percentages. Also, good point on the Rodgers taking the 8 sacks, if may not happen often, but it CAN happen. Post-tuner updates, the game has played a lot better. I played Play Now mode before the updates (I don't think the updates affected Play Now anyway), and got 14 sacks vs. the Packers as the Rams. Now, that is broken, but the play in online CFM has been pretty good. This set is pretty damn good as well.

Another thing, if people are having problems against the CPU, maybe they need to stop using Coach Suggestions all the time (but if you do, hey that's your preference), figure out quick what the CPU is doing right against you, learn some X's and O's of REAL football and formations (hell read up on formations on wikipedia) and what to call on certain downs and distances on offense AND defense, then call a good game manually yourself using the Formations tab to try and counter the other team. I know some people just love using the Coach Suggestions tab, but I prefer to play the X's and O's, and call my own formations. In my opinion, it is more fun, and realistic.

Also, don't expect to always play great if you are the inferior team. Just keep that in mind. It's okay to lose, and lose bad sometimes. This slider set works fine, in my opinion, and after the tweaks I've made to it to cater to my liking even more, is enjoyable enough. Also understand, Madden will NEVER be perfect. Just hope EA can fix some things down the line, and try to enjoy the game after you find yourself a good slider set. OR how about this, make your OWN sliders... the people that are making their own sliders in this forum are working with what EA gives them, remember that. They are trying their best to make the game play better.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-07-2014 at 10:47 PM.