View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 12:04 AM   #224
Shon 23
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blud84
Quinn,

These sliders are legit. Just played my first two games with them and big thing I'm seeing is the QB accuracy is not stupid high. Played Seahawks (me) against the Panthers. The final was 19-0, but it played so well. Seattle stiffled Cam all day long, and he couldn't do anythign. In the end he had a 55% completion percentage, and only threw for 150 yards with two very bad interceptions under pressure. The sacks were not too bad, and the huge thing is that I wasn't dominating with Marshawn Lynch. I can typically get 150+ yards easy with other sliders, however with this set (Which I agree completely about Normal speed), I finished with 98 yards on 22 carries. That just made me smile.

Thanks for the work man, I'll keep watching what updates you have.

Cheers!
Glad you had some enjoyable games, blud.

Yeah, that Panthers' front 7 is still a legitimately good front 7, overall. Luke Kuechly is a beast of a LB (such quick pursuit speed) in real life, and I haven't played against that defense yet in M15, but in M25 he was all over the field. So, I can see somewhat of a battle of your running game against that front 7 of theirs. Then, you have Greg Hardy to worry about as well (I expect a suspension for him IRL eventually).

And with the tougher running against the more elite defenses, when you do break that 125+ yards rushing mark, it feels good, and earned. I am speaking of that also with the better RBs, as I doubt someone like Zac Stacy for the Rams can put up 150 yards on the 49ers' front 7, but an Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte, Frank Gore, among a couple others, all can put up good rushing numbers from game to game, for the most part.

As for their offense doing poorly, I'm not surprised. I'm glad it is reflected realistically in-game, as their offense is very weak this year.. and I have no doubt this year they go from first to worst in the NFC south.

They have a RB in DeAngelo Williams who isn't getting any younger (31 years old, but still an okay tackle-breaker), no real receivers to speak of, except for their "star" rookie WR Kelvin Benjamin, an average TE in Greg Olsen, and a very mediocre offensive line. I would hope you got some sacks and pressure on Newton in that game, as you should have.

So, considering the Panthers' above average front 7 on D, and their now mediocre O overall, that shutout sounds good to me, especially with the Seahawks.

Sounds like you had a good game play out, and I'm glad to to hear it.

I probably won't be able to get any games in tonight, but I'll definitely be playing the 49ers and Seahawks tomorrow night, with the usual write-up and full box scores. Hopefully I can slow down their running game a bit. I think I'll do better with my front 7, against the slower but more bruising backs, but I do expect them to break tackles often, as Gore and Lynch should. I have a good gameplan already in mind regarding my play-calling for both of these upcoming games, so we'll see how it goes. Stay tuned.

Also, keep me up to date for future games. Or even better, post up a box score (if you have the time that is) so we can get a better idea of how the games have been playing out for you.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-14-2014 at 03:44 AM.