View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #242
Shon 23
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
All the rookies are mine.

Watkins, Bortles, Atkinson etc etc.

Romo stood tall in the pocket sometimes forrreevvvveer.

I moved Jadaveon Clowney and Khalil Mack to DE for my 4-3 defense. I took Aaron Donald from your rams, and moved Stephon Tuitt from the steelers ends and made him a DT.

I have Anthony Barr ROLB, CJ Mosley MLB and Ryan Shazier LOLB.

My corners are Justin Gilbert and Kyle Fuller (Not exactly all pros lol), and my safeties are Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor, again not exactly all pros.

The thing for me was, the sack I dont think was even a sack. It was a broken draw play where Carrethers hit both the RB and Romo before he could hand it off.

It actually came up on the screen as a negative rush for Romo, but then a sack in the stat lines.

What Im going to do now is draft an amazing DLine and then an amazing secondary. See if I can get pressure at all with these sliders.

I love the feel of normal speed, and man did Romo go deep on me about 5 times. Was refreshing to see.

The running game for the CPU is redicilous as usual, which is fine by me. I decided to play the Raiders instead of steelers so my run stopping pride wont take such a hit lol!

I really wish EA would fix the penalties. Ive got NFL Rewind and have watched all the week 1 games again, and the penalties. ESPECIALLY HOLDING!!! The new rules make it called about 5 times a game now!

"Prior to the snap, holding number 22 Defense, 5 yards, automatic first down" or some such was heard in the Cardinals-Chargers game about 4 times alone I think?

All in all, cant decide between your sliders and A&S's. My problem thus far is Im winning hands down every game now, just like last year.

Anywho, thanks for these, normal is alot of fun to try out.

One the CPU running game, I've been able to shut down Doug Martin of the Bucs to 61 rush yards with the Rams' front 7. I also played an injury-riddled Cowboys team where DeMarco Murray and Lance Dunbar got split carries thanks to the auto-subs. They both had rushing yards in the 70+ range, with 1 TD a piece. So, I didn't do too bad stopping those guys with the Rams' front 7 either. Romo was out for that game as well.

Now, Adrian Peterson was just too much for me in my first game and he put up 189 yards, but it's not like he hasn't done that before to teams, or 200+ rushing yards for that matter. LeSean McCoy also gashed me on off-tackle runs that he broke wide outside and along the sidelines, and was just too quick to stop, no matter what I called. He rushed for like 254 yards on me in that game, but that was partly due to the wrong play-calling in a certain down and distance, and me just barely missing him on some tackles to the weak side of the line (user-controlling RDE Robert Quinn, as always), as I would shed a block. So I got gashed a few times by McCoy (30 rushing attempts), needless to say. I think Sproles had 14 carries for 41 yards and 2 receptions for about 15 yards. Good balance, I think.

The my next two games versus the 49ers and Seahawks will tell me a lot about how well I can stop the run game with a front 7 that should be capable of doing so. I think I just need to do a better job of preventing the wide outside runs from the speedier backs. I believe my front 7 can do better against the slower, more bruising backs, in Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch, although I'm sure they'll be tackle-breaking machines during the game. I think the backs that should run well (above average to elite backs), will/should usually do so more often than not, but they can be stopped, it is just difficult. Need the right players and proper play-calling. The above average to average backs can definitely be shut down with an above average to elite D-line or overall front 7. We'll see how my games with Gore and Lynch go though.

As for winning all your games hands down on All-Pro, it might not be a slider issue, you might just need to bump up to All-Madden and use someone like charter's All-Madden sliders. That could be an answer that would solve that issue. Just a thought.

EDIT: Speaking of RBs rushing for ridiculous amount of yards, DeMarco Murrary put 167 rushing yards on the Titans today. I think these sliders got the RBs' skills down somewhat well/realistic. The elite to above average RBs will most likely get their yards, but they can be stopped still. Just need great play-calling and a pretty good front 7. Ignore what I did against AP and McCoy, because that was on me more than anything else. I need to learn to stop those outside runs better. lol.. I bet a good 3-4 defense would help with stopping those outside runs a lot.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-14-2014 at 04:29 PM.