View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #79
blues rocker
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I agree with blues in principle. In practice however, a frustrated user will transfer the blame to the game. "Why did it pick that pass!? I would have done this pass to get it around the defender!" O
haha...yeah, but at a certain point the user has to be accountable. some people will always blame the game for their failures...but as a game maker, you can't cater to those people...otherwise the outcome will not be determined by skill and decision making and you'll end up with the game forcing certain things in order to "help" the user and cover up for their bad decisions (like allowing the ball to pass through players, and allowing bad/contested shots to go in at a high rate).

in regards to the wrong pass type being used...one thing I liked about the passing in 2k11 was that you could be very selective about which hand you passed with...whatever hand you were dribbling with, that was the hand the player passed with...this allowed you to switch the ball to the other hand to create a better passing angle. this is partly why i loved the passing in 2k11. since 2k11, they have moved away from that somewhat (maybe they wanted to make it more realistic, since some players can't pass as effectively with their "off hand"), but the level of control it gave with passing felt amazing. also, in 2k11 you could direct the angle of your receivers more with icon lead passing...with these 2 factors, in 2k11 I really felt like I could pick my passes and create my passing angles. i have never quite felt that level of control with the passing since 2k11....it might not have been as realistic, but for somebody who loves to pass, it was a blast because you didn't have the game picking a pass you didn't want...and you could direct your receiver better with icon lead passing, so you didn't have to worry about your receiver cutting at the wrong angle and running behind a defender or suddenly stopping when you wanted him to keep moving.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-16-2014 at 11:22 AM.