Old 09-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #113
rushinplayallgame
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY311
Rushin, really appreciate your efforts regarding these 2 sliders. Thank u to all the others in this forum as well. I usually never post comments but I think I may have stumbled upon a few slider tweaks that changed my gameplay immediately. If anyone is interested I would be happy to share them here if it's cool with Rushin. The biggest and most important changes I made are:
-changed CPU qb acc to 85.
-changed speed threshold to 60
- changed opi to 25
- changed dpi to 60

Surprisingly CPU comp % were very real world. They threw deep a lot and I only had 3 sacks in 2 games. I usually average 5-8 a game. My pass def sliders are very close to what Rushin is recommending.
Long story short since making these changes the game feels like I am playing a new game which feels and plays like the game we thought we were getting. I Lost my first 2 games and they were real nail bitters.
I use the lions in my offline cfm. First game with these changes I lost last minute to the Jets and next game I lost to the bills. Games were full of excitement and it felt like CPU actually was playing smart.
I would love for a few people to check it out and see if it's a fluke or something that may help us all enjoy the game even more. I made some other minor changes to my sliders and if you guys want to see them and it's cool with OP I will post them. Sorry for lack of details as I am late for sons soccer game. Thanks guys for all your hard work. Enjoy the day all.
You can post, I am all for people finding their perfect game of madden. as for me, I played the bucs this morning, a scrub QB was tearing me apart until Justin Houston ripped his head off, his backup came in (63 ovr.) and threw 9/10 for 180 yards before halftime. So there will always be varied results due to confidence and other factors such as player skill, playcalling, DB awareness/pursuit but to summerize my defense- i signed brandon flowers who is 87 ovr. sean smith is 87 ovr. eric berry is 99 ovr. and darien stewart is 85 ovr. so I have a decent 2ndary. you could also start your own thread with the pass coverage sliders I use, they are not mine, they belong to all.

I will say that the QB seems to go deep/medium/short at the same rate they do in the NFL (at least this is what I have seen), which is why I wouldn't change the QB acc. setting, as I have played test games and what happens is when my DBs ARE in the correct position to swat down or pick off a pass (due to good playcalling), it will glide past or almost THROUGH them into the receiver, so I've come to know QB acc as a setting that dictates CPU decision making and ability to complete the pass regardless of other factors, which is why the perfect zone for me at least is 39-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Started a new offline CFM as the Bills with your sliders last night and played the first 3 games, vs the Bears, Dolphins and Chargers. The first 2 went down to the wire but I beat the Chargers pretty easily. I was down big to the Bears but came back in the second half to get the win and beat the Fins with a last second FG. Both the Bears and Dolphins ran well against me but neither of their passing did much damage. Chargers were shutdown in all phases and I won by 20. The games felt really good, running was tough for me in all three and I really had to work in both the run and pass games to get the victories. The only thing that I noticed is the CPU seems to really struggle throwing the ball, I don't think any of them had more than 200 yds passing. Sacks were very reasonable, I never had more than 4 in any game and some of those came off heavy blitzs. Over all I am loving how the game is playing, just wish the CPU passing was a bit better, or maybe I was just in the zone calling my D last night!
I would guess you probably were calling good plays, bringing good heat and forcing bad throws, when i try to cover the field and let the QB have time, he will kill me, my aim is around 180 yards passing against for a great gameplan, 240-300 for a standard game (few bad playcalls, or getting "tricked" and a decent QB) and 350+ for when you've failed or just got beat by a great QB, so take these things into account before ticking up different sliders, cause it can throw the balance out of whack. for example, teams should not be throwing every down when they're up by 14 in the 2nd half. with settings too high, this is what I saw, which led to lower tackle numbers for my linebackers, a more tired 2ndary leading to more completed passes, leading once to a 500 yard pass game against me, and that just shouldn't happen to my defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Thanks for the response. Yeah, the main house rule I use is 'no switching' on defense. Nothin' game changing. LOL! And also, was wondering, are you doing an your CFM online (OR) offline? How does your sack numbers look thus far?
I shold institute this because I switch and miss the ball carrier too often , but I do online off course, and 4 games into my new season, i have 13 sacks. 3 of them came on one drive last night when a team was forced to throw and my DBs just locked down the wide outs on those particular plays, football is like the inside of a clock, all cogs working in perfect order will deliver perfect results, but one jacked up cog ruins everything.